Mallard Grange enjoys a glorious rural setting bordering an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the edge of the Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Estate, a National Trust World Heritage Site.
From this central geographic position, the Yorkshire Dales to the west and the North Yorkshire Moors and coast to the east are within easy reach.
Numerous possibilities for a day out may include:
- Touring: The Yorkshire Dales or Moors and see the unforgettable beauty of this area.
- National Trust properties: Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal, Brimham Rocks, Benningbrough Hall or Nunnington Hall
- Fine country houses: Newby Hall, Harewood House, Castle Howard and Ripley Castle.
- Rural market towns: Ripon, Masham, Leyburn, Skipton and Thirsk.
- Historic cities: York (45 minutes), Harrogate (20 minutes), Whitby and the coast (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Racing: regular meetings are held at; Ripon, Thirsk, York, Wetherby, and Catterick.